Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday

I had a very nice Thanksgiving with my family. I spent the day at my Grandy and Poppy's house. We spent a lot of time talking and reflecting on things. I love visiting them because I know they love me so much. I can see them hurt when they see me suffering from the Lyme and despite being in their seventies they are always trying to help me get around. They have a lot of stairs in their house so navigating it is a bit of a minefield for me. It's ironic to me that they have to help me get around when usually it's the other way around. The granddaughter helping the grandparents. Life is funny like that. Today I plan to take my little sister to the mall. She has nothing to do today and has done so much for me, so I think it's the least I can do. It's black Friday and the place is going to be a mad house so after I take her I think we should be even. Navigating a packed mall in a wheelchair is no easy feat. For one, people love to stare. It's not like they haven't seen a wheelchair before. Then theres the people who despite how many times you ask them to move ( politely of course) they insist on staying put. Like moving over an inch would kill them. Then theres the people who are perfectly okay and have no strollers or other accessory that prevents them from using the escleator that pile into the elevator. For those people, the escelator is no more work than the elevator. That brings me to my next point, the mall only has one friggin elevator in the whole place. It's extremely inconvienient, but wouldn't be so bad if all those individuals who think the escalator is so strenuous to use kept taking up the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment