Monday, November 21, 2011

It's Monday

It's 5 am Monday Morning , as usual I did not sleep too well. My immune system has once again let me down. On Saturday I took a trip to the mall, like any teenager does and now I have a fever and sore throat. Nothing spectacularly out of the ordinary in my life. Whenever I venture into the public territory, I always get some sort of souvenir.
Lyme has taken a major toll on my lifestyle. For the past 4 years I have been fighting for my life. I can't walk, suffer from severe pain 24/7, and can't even use the bathroom. I spend a lot of time taking care of my health. I always need to take my medications. By medications I don't mean one or two pills. I mean more like 16. Of course I can't take them all at once. That would make my life way to easy. I need to take some in the am, some in the afternoon, and some at night. Then further splitting them down into groups of with food and without food. It's a pain in the ass seriously. But, I know i don't have any choice if i want my life back. I am a fighter and I will not give up just because something is difficult.
Getting an education means so much to me that despite my illness, I attend college as a full time student. I felt that it wouldn't do me such good just laying around feeling sorry for myself. I wanted to feel productive and like I was achieving something.
I get around campus with a wheelchair, which is not at all fun. That's one thing I really don't get. Using a wheelchair is far from fun. But, I will save this rant for another entry. I'm managing to do pretty well at school though. The college I attend is very accomodating to my medical needs. It makes my life a lot easier knowing I won't get penelized for missing a class for a visit to the doctor, a hospital stay, or just because I'm feeling under the weather. The semester is almost over. The time just flew by. I leave for home tomorrow. It's for Thanksgiving break. I am so ready for break and am so glad I only have a two day week.

No comments:

Post a Comment